- Escape if you can.
- Consider the safest options.
- Is there a safe route? RUN if not HIDE.
- Can you get there without exposing yourself to greater danger?
- Insist others leave with you.
- Leave belongings behind.
- If you can’t RUN, HIDE.
- Find cover from gunfire.
- If you can see the attacker, they may be able to see you.
- Cover from view does not mean you are safe, bullets go through glass, brick, wood and metal.
- Find cover from gunfire e.g. substantial brickwork / heavy reinforced walls.
- Be aware of your exits.
- Try not to get trapped.
- Be quiet, silence your phone.
- Lock / barricade yourself in.
- Move away from the door.
Call 999 - What do the police need to know?
- Location - Where are the suspects?
- Direction - Where did you last see the suspects?
- Descriptions – Describe the attacker, numbers, features, clothing, weapons etc.
- Further information – Casualties, type of injury, building information, entrances, exits, hostages etc.
- Stop other people entering the building if it is safe to do so.
Armed Police Response
- Follow officers’ instructions.
- Remain calm.
- Can you move to a safer area?
- Avoid sudden movements that may be considered a threat.
- Keep your hands in view.
- Point guns at you.
- Treat you firmly.
- Question you.
- Be unable to distinguish you from the attacker.
- Officers will evacuate you when it is safe to do so.
You must STAY SAFE
- What are your plans if there were an incident?
- What are the local plans? e.g. personal emergency evacuation plan.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly